Improving Health with Hypnotherapy
You can assist the healing process through the power of the mind/body connection.The more you visualize yourself healing, the more your mind and body can work together to manifest your physical health.
- Stress – Given our fast-paced lifestyles, no one is immune to stress. Lasting stress can lower your resistance to disease, exacerbate chronic conditions, and aggravate mental disorders. Stress-related physical problems include asthma, arthritis, chronic pain, headaches, IBS, diarrhea, and cardiac arrhythmia, to name only a few. Even cancer is a possibility. Hypnotherapy’s relaxation benefits can significantly reduce and even reverse the ravages of stress.
- Pain – Hypnosis is proven to reduce both acute and chronic pain. It enables you to release encaphalins and endorphins (natural pain blockers) into your body—lessening or eliminating suffering. Hypnosis can also teach you to tune out chronic pain.
- Insomnia – Problems relaxing, intrusive thoughts, and anxiety can all contribute to lack of sleep. During hypnotherapy, you learn relaxation techniques, guided imagery, and other tools to promote a better night’s rest.
- Habit Control and Addiction Treatment – Hypnosis is powerful. It can help support a healthy lifestyle, eliminate unwanted habits, and encourage a more positive outlook on life.
- Smoking Cessation – A recent study has shown that hypnosis is twice as effective in helping people to quit smoking as the next most effective treatment.
- Weight Loss – More than 65% of Americans are overweight—and gaining 10 pounds every decade. With hypnotherapy you can develop a new relationship to food and learn tools to help you lose weight and keep it off.
- Excessive Alcohol Consumption – Cognitive behavioral techniques are very effective. In fact, cognitive behavioral therapy is the foundation of Smart Recovery—a realistic alternative to AA—and other organizations. I combine these techniques with guided imagery, successfully helping clients curb or eliminate alcohol use. For those with addictions, hypnotherapy can safely complement formal treatment programs.
- Preparation for Surgery – Hypnotherapy can help you prepare for surgery and dental work, experience less pain, and heal faster. Many hospitals, includingMillsPeninsula, now offer guided visualization tapes to candidates for surgery.
- Health – Some conditions have psychosomatic roots. Under hypnosis, you can zero in on them and facilitate healing.
Get Started Now!